January has been a challenge. My writing hasn’t gone to plan, and neither has my mental health. As one tends to affect the other, it’s not surprising. Short intro this month, because I am currently tired. Turns out stress is exhausting. 😴
I am still Bullet Journaling. The biggest benefit to this that I’m finding is how calming it is. It’s a place I can write, draw, make pretty quotes, and obviously organise things. It’s becoming a bit of a refuge for the chaos that is my brain, as well as another good creative outlet.
- Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker (Longer review)
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown 😍
- I finished draft one of Rabbit! I ended on nearly 75k words, which is about where I was aiming. Really pleased with having finished, though the story needs a lot of work. It’s a skeleton at the moment, and I’m working on fleshing out the characters and setting.
- Elondria. This one hasn’t quite gone to plan. I have gone back to writing draft three, but the goal I’d set myself – to finish by the end of February, isn’t going to happen. Due, to, erm, life, I’ve had more days of not writing than I’d have liked. So, the deadline has been extended to the end of March.
- Short stories – I’ve temporarily given up on them. There’s something not quite working. Instead, I am writing flash fiction again. Over on vpgrey.wordpress.com.
Interesting Internet Finds
- Get Set for the Adventure! A short story contest run by Racheal Ritchey. I am aiming to take part in this. I have an idea for a story, just need to set words to actual paper. Or screen.
Until next time, go in peace. 🙂